there's 4 main parts in the user interface (GUI) :
1 shows general informations about the city you're setting up.
2 is a tab menu. each tab button is a category : it gathers the properties of one particular aspect of your town. these properties are displayed in 3.
4 allows you to create the city you've configured. this part is common to each tab.
5 allows to change the interface language and to access the online documentation.
the menu 2 can be used in any order, but most of the time they are used from left to right :
- a starting city preset is loaded from the Main Tab,
- in the Sources tab, the data sources of the main properties of the city are defined (city map, buildings elevations, zoning...)
- Streets allows to define the the properties of the roads, the sidewalks, to add urban object or to edit the city map,
- Buildings allows to configure the building lots and the used building libraries,
- then one care about materials in Mats,
- then one generate the objects thanks to the Create panel.
the Plugin tab groups third party scripts that can add features to Blended Cities.
some tab button contains sub-tabs :
here Properties, Categories and Libraries (selected here) are the sub-tabs of Buildings. each sub- tab has its own interface.